Registering from abroad

Registering at the municipality

If you live abroad and want to move (back) to the Netherlands, you need to register at the municipality. If you want to live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months in the next half year, you need to make an appointment for your registration with the municipality within 5 days after your arrival.

Make appointment

Make an appointment for your registration within 5 days after the arrival. You make the appointment by phone via (0543) 543 543.

If you have a partner and/or children who also need to be registered in Winterswijk, they need to come with you to the appointment.


Bring the following documents when you go to your appointment:

  • A valid document of identity (passport or ID-card) of every person to be registered.
  • If you live with someone: your proprietor’s permission, for which you need to complete the form 'verklaring van inwoning' (pdf in Dutch, 106 KB) and a copy of the proprietor's document of identity.
  • Original documents from abroad of yourself and of your children, such as certificates of birth, a marriage certificate or a deed of divorce.